Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer 2011

I haven't been able to update in awhile, Life just gets hectic-crazy like that lol

I am SO excited that summer is OFFICIALLY here..........

I am going to try keep us on a schedule- and I say that lightly lol But I have noticed, my boys don't care for spontaneity too much. At their young ages, they NEED structure. So I did manage to sign us up for two classes at the local family "support" center (AMAZING facility with such a terrific group of staff workers!). One class is just a "free play" class- which allows them to go and create/craft/colour/play/build/etc. I know they'll love that; the other is the one that we are most excited about. It's once a week, and is a "create" class. Every week, there will be a local professional artist that will come in and lead the class. The examples given were an artist/ a painter/ a sculptor/ a composer, etc. The boys and I are thrilled to beable to experience such awesome opportunities. =)

We've also decided one day of the week will be a "Water" day, picnic lunch included.

Of course, this is all "mommy's health in good condition" pending- thank God my sons are very understanding and know that mommy needs her rest as well. (most days they're understanding, not days when we planned for the spraypark or swimming =S )


As a family, Doug and I have some pretty exciting plans made for our family. Overnight trips; day trips; a couple "adults only" rafting trips planned with friends; Kainai Indian Days; Edm. Staff retreat; etc. We've also decided on our Anniversary "get away" and will book the room and other fun stuff later this month (we also plan to do a 3-4km hike while away at our destination- soooo pumped for that). We also need to BUDGET and get ready for the TWO birthdays that always sneak up on us right after the summertime LoL

Okay, boys are DESPERATE for my attention, my little dudey is standing next to me saying "mommmmm, dont play computer!!!!" lol

Happy day-before Canada Day! =)

No comments: