I had woken up yesterday, feeling energized and ready to seize the day. I felt good because I was wearing brand new clothing (courtesy of my sister in law, a new outfit from Las Vegas). I had switched up my purse from my summery Nine West purse to my brand NEW Coach purse (another LV gift. what woman doesn't love to receive gifts-let alone a new Coach lol). Anyway, needless to say, I was pumped up on those wonderful little "feel good" ions.
As I made my way downtown Lethbridge, when I got onto the 'Bridge- I seen the sights of a race/run taking place on the pedestrian walkway. As I looked closer and realized exactly WHAT day it was- a Saturday in mid-June. It dawned on me, the Ladiesfest 8k Run was happening.
Wow...talk about plummeting of my emotions. I went from this feel-good attitude to a semi-deep sadness.
I was sad because I was unable to participate in the run this year. After much consultation with my family Dr.; we came to the realization that my body and neurological state would not beable to handle the pressure of the run- nor would we want to risk taking any chances of further complicating my health condition. He told me that as my medical doctor, he had my utmost wellbeing in mind-and knew that his decision would hurt me. It did, but at the time, I was desperate. I was willing to give up ANYTHING-in order to help myself get better.
As I drove by, I slowed down and although I was in a 90km/h zone, I inched by lol (afew of us had slowed down immensely). I felt happy for those 750 women that had signed up and taken the challenge of running/walking/jogging/tackling the course that involved the steep Whoop Up bridge. Right on ladies!!!!
I was all over the place with my emotions-thinking back to last years' run- and reminded myself that- I KRISTEN WILDCAT-MANY BEARS, had taken that challenge. I was not at my healthiest nor was I even in any good "moderate" shape to do that to myself, but....I DID IT...
I remember downplaying my accomplishment and beating myself up for my late finish time. But after alot of reflecting, this sums it up- I DID IT.....
Here are some pictures to finish up this post!
A few hundred feet from the finish line ( you cannot tell in this photo,
but I had tears in my eyes- because as I came around the curb, I seen my husband and
sons cheering and waving at me! ohh, it still chokes me up. I loved seeing them there-waiting for me!)
I convinced my sister (in law) G, to do the 8k with me! =)
We did it!!!!
My hnadsome little boys and I!
(they told their dad they were very proud of me, and wanted to be runners
when they grew up!)
My loving little family!
(even though I am not convinced that I am nor ever was, a runner-
they were so happy for me to have run/jogged this race!)
I may not have been the fastest- hell I was ahead by 31 women to
be the last...all that matters is I DID IT! =)
Ladiesfest 2012, God willing and on my side- I will run the next race. I'll walk and jog it if my body is allowing me to partake in in. =)
1 comment:
Sending Love, Prayers and (hopefully) Followers your way.
Sent a link of your blog to: Aunties Christine, Anne, Dawn, Carolyn, Heather; El & Pauleen. Can't remember if there are more... Will check the list and let you know if I've missed anyone.
Anyhow, the house got such a good laugh over the whole "Spongebob's snail" conversation :-D
Mom
Post a Comment