Wednesday, June 15, 2011

- D.P. MB-

I realized my blog is  ALL about the Littles and I. (duhh!! the title clearly states that lol)
I have also forgotten to mention or dedicate any of my posts to ONE person in particular.
The one individual in my life whom is the most important. My husband!

I wake up each and every day, grateful too have such a supportive and loving man by my side. Doug is truly those "one in a million" gems. He will give 110% to everything he does-even when it's not asked of him. He doesn't show it-you would really need to know him, in order to see that he wears his heart on his sleeve! And smart.....talk about intelligence and intellect, my man possesses!

     Aside from the many hats he wears- case worker/student/son/brother/best friend/friend/cousin/nephew- he is by far, a great father and husband. No matter what, our three little boys and I come first. He's ALWAYS made that known. We appreciate that in every way. He goes above and beyond to make sure that everyone around him is calm and secure, before he even considers himself (I usually have to tell him too do the opposite, but habits are hard to break lol).

 He can run on 4-5 hours of sleep, and still jump up and head too class. Get home, give hugs all around and head back out-whether it be soccer/swimming lessons/tball/golf,etc. for the boys. He displays strong work ethic and high qualities for our boys. They are understanding the value of education and what it means to "work hard". They know that when Dad is gone during the day and week-he's working or at school. They also have told me on their own "when I get bigger, I'm going to go to University like dad." .

I can truthfully say I have NO secrets. This man knows more about me than any other living being on this planet. Is that a good thing, one may ask? In our case-yes. He hasn't ever downplayed my emotions or made me feel insecure. He has the ability to make the best out of every situation- no matter how shitty it may be. He is a terrific listener and always helps me when I feel the need to "jump the gun" LOL.....

I love you, Doug!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice post. He is a very good Man & a Great Father!

Mom