Sunday, July 10, 2011

sad sad pandas ='(

My little sister just left, after having spent the week here in the 403 "L.A" with us....  My boys were very very sad to see her go, as were Doug and I. Oh, we can't forget seeing Kahkoo (my mom) leave as well. She spent the weekend here, and it was fun to have them here.

I hope my lil' sis had fun. I told her right from the get-go "no expectations; no rules, just pick up after yourself and enjoy yourself." It's entirely TOO tough for me to comprehend that my baby sister is a teenager now! wow.... When she offered to help make lunches or to do dishes, it caught me by surprise every time lol because I am soooo used to taking care of the little ones in my Life- her included. I swear I can still hear her talking and laughing with us. She's such a great girl/woman and amazes me at how she just radiates "awesomeness". We had good talks, good walks, good eats and alot of good laughs. We had a "chick flick" night last night- she picked the movie. In the middle of the movie- it hit me AGAIN, that she's growing at such rapid speeds. She picked an awesome Indie flick with a cool n' funky soundtrack. (I downloaded the songs from the movie this am, and burned them for her, as a little treat lol and added some of my own favorite grunge/indie songs in hopes that she'd give them a listen too lol).  I love you eL Ango!!!!!

I am in DIRE need of a photo update on here, and trust me-its coming in due time....I uploaded all the pictures from my Nikon from over the past 6 weeks and there was almost 600 files. LoL


On another note...... Our Prime Minister Stephen Harper is coming to Standoff, Alberta tomorrow- Monday, July 11th, 2011. He will be inducted and honoured as a hereditary Chief, as well as be given a traditional Headdress and a Blackfoot name. Doug will be in attendance as he is a BT employee, but I am unsure as to whether or not the boys and I will be there. It would be exciting to see the events unfold-regardless of my views on our PM and his political party stance,etc. We'll see, lol.

 The Kainai Indian Days are coming up, and I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that the plans we have with some friends for this upcoming Friday are still a "go". We are going to go river rafting for the day, and then get dressed and hit the powwow scene! lol 
  This month is flying by entirely TOO fast, soon enough, we'll be trekking up to the hotel in the City of Champions and enjoying the sights and sounds of the Northern city. =)

Okay, we're having bbq salmon with a lemon-dill glaze, asparagus and wild rice for supper! yum yum.....so mom duties call!!! Ciao!

No comments: