While I was working on my fitness yesterday, it dawned on me that there are 10 songs that are constantly "shuffled" on my iPod (on my "workout" playlist). These songs are the "kick your butt/make you sweat/huff and puff" songs. And boy, do they EVER work magic on me. Especially when I'm lagging or start feeling "ughhh, I don't want to be here...I should just stop right now, and head home"...LOL....
Here's my list**;
1) Alors On Danse -Stromae ft Kanye West and Gilbert Forte
2) Not Afraid- Eminem
3) The Show Goes On- Lupe Fiasco
4) It's Like That- Run DMC
5) Don't Stop Believing - Journey
6) Born This Way- Lady Gaga
7) Play It Loud- Black Eyed Peas
8) Bulletproof- La Roux
9) Work It Out- Lil Jon ft. Pitbull
10) Smash The Club - Kardinal Offishall
Whether it be the lyrics, the beat, the tempo or just the "Feel good" of the song; these few songs have helped me thru some of the toughest workouts yet. I am a FIRM believer that there is ab.so.lute.ly NOTHING that can top the effect of "endorphins"....
Another thing that gets me thru my workouts and reminds me to stay "grounded" is, self-healing and self-meditation. When I notice that I am indeed starting to lag, or feel the self-defeating thoughts coming on-I tell myself "just be grateful that your body is well enough too allow you to be here today; to have given you the opportunity to be here working out, and not bed-ridden.etc"....it truly helps-and REMINDS me that I can only do as much as my physical and mental self will allow me to do. =)
What are some of your own "feel good" songs?
**(disclaimer, these songs are not for the faint of heart or those who will take offense to the language used in some of these songs. That being said, "don't knock it before you try it" lol)
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment