I have a million and one blog entires floating around in my head....sooo many "Littles" updates; picture updates.....and alot more on my plate...LoL Plz dont ask when I'll find time to get "caught up", because frankly, I'm not even sure of when that will happen-let alone in 2011 LOL
All I can say is this, my LAST entry was August 18th....that says alot lol
September 1st, 2011 is TOMORROW- not only does that mean its the end of Summer 2011; but that my oldest Little will be entering GRADE ONE......*insert sad cry face here*.....I havent accepted this fact yet, but I'm sure it will set in tomorrow....well every day it's setting in..that my oldest boy will be SIX YEARS OLD in a matter of days and starting grade ONE/ my middle little man will be turning FIVE years old not long after his big bros' bday AND starting K5/ and that my itty bitty little dude is more than halfways to being THREE soon.......seriously, can't time just SLOW DOWN.....
I havent captured as many pictures with my Nikon as I'd like; or made any recent home videos with the video cam of the Littles; we haven't gone to ALL the parks in this city like we'd planned; nor have we gone swimming as much as we wanted too.....LoL..... ohh, and my glorious plan for "every day for every week of this past summer"- yeah, that didnt go over so well...I dare not divulge how many "pajama days" we had this summer, lol.....
I did however, come to this very SERIOUS realization that the RESPECT and ADMIRATION for my mother, is unending and continously being renewed.....
It all came to me one day, that SHE is as human as I am- and that unlike myself- she did all this "parenting" alone...well not technically-she had support; but in all honesty, not nearly as much support as I feel that I've been blessed too have.....She had to get us to where we needed to be; had to make sure we were fed, clean and safe; make sure that we had a warm home and take care of all the finances and bills; had to deal with two (then three) daughters AND then stepchildren,etc.....Her and my stepdad made it work, and only the Creator knows how they managed. I don't tell them enough how thankful I am, for ALL that they provided my siblings and myself with.....because in all honesty, it COULD'VE been worse....but it wasn't.....we didnt lack; we didnt go without; we went on trips; and did all the normal "teenage" things that were expected at those times of our lives,etc........they did it and they both need to know how extremely THANKFUL I am for that....yeah, it got tough, it sure wasn't an easy ride and I can only imagine how trying the attitudes of 5 teenagers under one roof must've been like-as a parent!!!!! LoL
I realized that my mom must've been flying by the seat of her pants, as I am now...and it makes me teary-eyed to think that she didnt have a husband and a mother and a mother in law and a sister in law who were there to step in and pick up when she felt she needed that helping hand; or someone else to lay discipline and KNOW that it was being followed through with. I do know, that my mom is an INCREDIBLE woman who radiates such true beauty both in and out; that in the long run, she's come out on Top. She's raised some great kids and I hope she knows that we're grateful for all that she's done. She's never failed us, because like I said, I'm only assuming that she was winging it thru parenting as we are now! ;-)
Okay, now as I pick up my lower lip LOL I have to finish getting school clothes and bookbags ready; I have to quickly run the boys to freshen up their two week old hair cuts; go finish registering and paying on swimming and soccer fees; make sure my little Dude IS NOT trying to CUT HIS OWN HAIR ((another story for another time LOL)); get oldest boy's skates sharpened and print off the hubby's school schedule; fill in MOM'S ULTIMATE CALENDAR/ORGANIZER.....lol....I do love my life! ((oh, and good news, new Neurologist appt booked in Calgary for October-I'm so glad that we followed through on a second opinion!) =)
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
:'( <3
Hai Hai
Love, Mom
Post a Comment