Tuesday, March 30, 2010

::Reality is what it is::

 Continuing forward with my C25K program, is both a bittersweet process for me. I LOVE that I'm getting out there, and jogging/running! I am awfully SLOW, but oh well; it's what works for me! I have a running forum that I belong too (and OMG! so much more addicting for me, than FB..lol), and one of my fellow runners on said particular blog, she's legally blind and has stepped up to the challenge of joinning the C25K march.15/10 group! How AMAZING is that, she's such an inspiration for the rest of us, and how such wonderful words of wisdom and support.

 Yesterday was my W3D1 run, but holy crap! My left heel is bothering me so much. It's been like this for over a week, and I still have about a week left before I get in to see a Podiatrist. To top it all off, I've now been dealing with a hurting left knee.....omg, it hurts so so much. I guess a bit of history; I have EXTREMELY flat feet. I was always self concious of them, but not its like MEH! it's me....lol and because my feet are so flat, they're wide and arch-less. Yup, I suffer from a lack of arch, on my feet! Anyway, running has ALWAYS been difficult for me, due to about 3 main reasons. 1) the shoes I wore while running, they either have too much of a defined arch support system, or the shoe itself is too tight on my feet. 2) my knees have ALWAYS been a problem for me because of the lack of ankle support my legs and joints aren't getting, and 3) I've ALWAYS suffered and dealt with being overweight of some sort. The worst part is accepting that yes, I am overweight. But right now, at the early age of 25, I weigh the MOST I have ever weighed in my LIFE!!!!! Yikes.......wow, when I found this out, I was completely and utterly shocked...What an eye opener......ughhh...anyway, this post is about my feet!!! LoL so if you've read up until now, then kudos! lol
 Anyway, I did not make it out to run W3D1 of my program....and lemme tell you, I beat myself up ALLLL day for not getting out there and running. It's so true, we focus more on our defeats then we do our successes; nevermind that I running 3 times a week, im focused on when I'm not running...ughh!

 Fast forward to today; I pushed myself out the door just a little after 8am....and did my D3....it was BRUTAL!!!! I was sooo tempted to just take my shoes off and run barefoot. That's how tough and hard it was dealing with my knee pain....holy crap!! Just thinking about it, hurts my knees all over again lol

 I have been doing some research and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the shoes I'm buying today, are going to be the answers to ALLLLL my prayers!!!! Oh, I have such high faith in these shoes, and for $100, I hope they are worth every dollar!!!! I am absolutely STOKED to go and pick up my VFFs today!!!!! I laughed when I first seen these particular shoes, but its what works for me!!!!! I also threw in a pair of the Injiijii socks, but I'm rethinking those; I've read nothing but bad reviews on the VFFs combined with the Injiijiis!.......

 I think I've jumped on to the Barefoot Running bandwagon...and I seriously, couldn't be MORE thrilled! Anyone who knows me, knows that I prefer to be barefoot than to squish my feet into shoes! LoL and if I can learn the basics of barefoot running, then I'm all for it....hence, my VFFs!!!! Yay!!!!

okay, I really have to make some progress with my homework! Ughh...my poor studies, are so neglected...anyway, off to do that!

ps. my family and I are signed up for a 5k family walk/run in April; another in May; and then in June, is the 8k run!!!!!! So all my exercising and getting fit, will help me accomplish these goals! =)

pss,,, only 10 days until we're driving to Vancouver!!!! I'm so excited, to beable to do this roadtrip with my mom and sisters!!! SO SO SO pumped! lol

No comments: