Thursday, October 29, 2009

Too Vacc. or Not Too Vacc., that is the question..?!?!

If you haven't picked up the newspaper, heard on the radio, or even see commercials on tv, about the "H1N1 pandemic", then something is very very wrong!! LoL
 I had THE toughest time EVER, trying to decide if my little family and I, were going to get the vaccine. Seriously, I invested so much time, along with many hours, researching and trying to come to a conclusion. I know that more than half of the Nation's population was probably in the same boat as myself and Doug. It went like this: Get the vaccine and pray that we don't deal with any long term/chronic health conditions that would be detrimental to our bodies, Or, don't get the vaccine and hope and pray that we don't come into contact with the actual virus and get sick!!! It was seriously one of the hardest decisions ever, that I've had to face in my entire Life.....

Needless to say, I talked with our family Doctor for a very long time. We dicussed almost every Pro and Con and factored them against each other, and came down to this one conclusion: for the best interest of the boys...we SHOULD get the vaccine.....Up until that point, I was leaning more towards not getting the shot..but the one person who's advice truly mattered, was our Dr's.. Because he's the only one who really knows all of our medical history, etc..So after that, out to Standoff we headed, to wait 45 minutes altogether, to get the H1N1 vaccine! **(do not, up until the needle was actually in my arm, I resisted and was soooo unsure of what I was doing...but finally told myself, if I can allow my boys to be injected with this vaccine, then I can sure as hell do it! lol)**

  Today, Doug took the three boys out for the afternoon, and I cleaned and sanitized our house like a MAD MAN! lol..every door knob, light switch, remote; pratically anything that we touch in our house daily, was Lysol'd and cleaned...LoL...I'm not a germ freak, but I thought it was the perfect opportunity to clean that thoroughly. Oh, Doug and I also put unpeeled white onions in bowls, and placed them in every room in our house. I received an email from my mom, about white onions fighting the flu virus, etc. Who knows if its a true story or not, an old wives tale...regardless, we thought a bag of onions cost about $3, so we can take the chance! LoL

 I'm still insanely addicted to Grey's and have gotten my Mr. hooked as well. We are now onto season 3. And I'm loving it more and more as I watch!

My little R, has been trying so so hard to crawl forwards. He can move all over the place, and crawl backwards, but its the going forward that he hasn't accomplished....and omg! My poor little guy, fell off my bed at 5 o'clock this morning!!! I just woke up to a thud, then screaming!!! My poor poor baby! His feelings were more hurt than anything...but he's a tough guy, and not to try downplay it, but both his older brothers fell off the bed atleast once in their babyhood! lol..so its almost a rite of passage! lol

okay..there's my update.....I need to try update more often, but along with motherhood, the almost hourly updates of the pandemic, facebook, Oilers hockey and Grey's Anatomy...there's almost NO time for bloggin! lol g'nite!

No comments: