Well, soooo much has happened since my last post! My last entry consisted of us debating whether or not the boys and ourselves were going to get the H1N1 vaccine. Well needless to say, we did. That same night, I started feeling ill: chills, body ache, headache,etc. From there, it was all just downhill for myself, thank God that the boys and Doug didnt feel any effects of the vaccine or the actual virus itself.
Needless to say, I ended up in Emergency on Sunday night, the day after Halloween; where it was unbelievably COLD outside, but we still managed to take the boys trick or treating...we managed about an hour in my mother in law's cul-de-sac......Anyway, Sunday, Doug had to drop me off at Emerg. and they did xrays and ran some tests, to find out that I did have the H1N1 flu-aka-swine flu! I also got bronchitis!!!! So my body's trying to fight the swine flu and bronchitis at the same time! it was HORRIBLE! I can't even begin to tell you what I was going thru, and they said I had a mild case of the flu compared to the "full blown" version, and I dont even want to begin to wonder what that would be like!!!! So, home I went, and my older boys had to be sent away, to my mother in law's house, so that I could be quarantined. Doug and Reece stayed at the house with me; Doug to keep an eye on me, and because Reece was still nursing.
Now let me tell you, I was sooooooo sick, soo sad, soo depressed because I missed Dry and Dom sooo incredibly much! I know us mothers always want a break, but this is the one time that I wished I was better because I was so sad and lonely for my boys! Our house was TOO quiet and calm, so out of the norm for us, lol. They were gone for 4 days, and then finally after a thorough cleaning from top to bottom of our home, they came home! And all was well again! =)
I've never been that sick in my life, or if I have previously, I can't recall it. This was one of the few times I've ever been literally scared for my Life! I was scared to fall asleep or to close my eyes, because I feared I wouldn't wake up. I know that it's partially due to the lack of just being sick, but it was hard to wrap my mind around trying to feel better. It's times like that, when you wish your mom was right there to take care of you and to reassure you. My mom was so supportive, and even though we're a good 500kms from each other, I could feel her warm presence and her warm & reassuring words. She phoned continuously to check up on me, and to let me know that she contacted afew of our family members to pray for me, etc. That was nice to know. Pray goes a long long way! I'm so grateful to belong to such a wonderful family. I'll always be grateful that my in laws and hubby took such great care of our boys while I was bedridden!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment