Anyway, can't believe I started an entry about the weather!!! lol am I that old?
So my older boys have started soccer, and they absolutely LOVE it! It was so cool to see them out there on the field with their little teammates, just grasping the concept of soccer; and it was too cute seeing them in their little jerseys and soccer gear! Dom is in the U4 group (under 4), and Dry is in the U5 group. They play on different days, which isn't a big deal; atleast we're out of the house! The only down fall, wait there's a few actually...boooo!!! especially for the amount of $$$ we dropped on everything for this sport, but oh well.
The first complaint/downfall is Dom's practice/game time on the field is only 25 minutes!!! What a rip off hey, they barely have enough time to get out there and do some exercises, before it's over. Doug had to remind me though, they ARE only three years old. But still, at such a young age, I'm sure they could do abit longer than 25 mins, oh well I guess........the second (and major downfall I feel strongly about is), they aren't even certified coaches at these young levels, the "coaches" are just parents who volunteer to coach!! What a rip hey? I hate being the one in our relationship/marriage who is always so quick to be pessimistic and point out the flaws in everything, BUT we paid well over $150 for each boy to play/learn soccer this season...and for them to be coached by a parent volunteer, is just...well, not worth it! Again, we had a discussion over this, and Doug said "it's not about the money, or the coaching skills...it's about them getting out there on the field, and getting comfortable...and just letting them have fun!", of course I had to respond with "well for $300, I'll take them and teach them my damn self!!!" LMAO...needless to say, I do agree with my other half, and yes! I guess for that price, its the pictures of them smiling and enjoying themselves, and the "free" water bottle, that make up for it all! hehe...ok...done rambling about that, but honestly, I'm happy for my boys! this is only the beginning of their sports, and I'm excited none the less!
Everyday, I think to myself "ohhhh, I can't wait to blog about this..and that..and this.." LoL, then I forget! oh well, guess it wasn't that important then. I do want to mention though, how much I love technology! Seriously, I get to chat/talk with my older sister everyday ( we have internet dates! lmao...yup, we're dorks, and we're proud of it). But get this, I taught myself some minor "mechanic" stuff, just from researching the 'net and googling some stuff! Cool hey...but having said that, I don't take everything I read seriously, there's alot of BS out there....lol...but who knew that some/most vehicles had a "cabin air filter"...yup, crazy! My van had this funky gross, almost "stinky feet" smell, and we cleaned it out extensively, and still the smell lingered! So after putting two and two together, I realized it had to be my vents or my A/C coolant. So I started with my vents, and sure enough, after looking at the illustrations and reading up on how to locate and change the cabin air filter, Doug and I popped over to Canadian Tire and bought one! VOILA! like day and night the difference was! So for all you vehicle owners who are like me and leave car maintenance at the bottom of the barrel, go and check your manual!!!! LoL
I took my boys for a lonnnnnnggggg walk around N.Sher Lake (man made lake), and we had a little snack picnic, and rolled down the big hill, played abit of soccer, etc.....and I snapped a bunch of pictures of them! I tried alot of direct sunlight photos, and amazingly, they turned out fine! I'll sign off this entry with a picture! I love this picture, because it's my little man R's first time on the swings, and his expressions are priceless!
1 comment:
That is an adorable picture. I love it. =D
And I absolutely love reading your blogs. There awesome and funny. Good Job and keep up the good work.
Post a Comment