Alot has transpired over this past week or so, since I've last posted an entry.
We've been busy with dentist visits (I have officially made Dr. Baer our ONLY dentist, because again, she has gone above and beyond to help myself, and now my children....), swimming, bowling league for the boys (OMGosh..the 9:30am practise/league time is sooooo tiring, but worth it when we see how excited the boys are!)....soccer has yet to start, but Dry and Dom are extremely pumped for it! Doug's been practising with them, just showing them small stuff, and they catch on so great. Oh, and their little soccer equipment, they look so cute when their fully suited (shoes,shorts, shin pads, soccer socks, jersey..etc)...can't wait to take pictures! lol
Anyway, today was a great day. We just lounged around at home, we were too lazy to go swimming, or to the park. We just hung out and read books, played toys, coloured, etc.....our usual day to day activities. I always make a point to have one-on-one time with each of my boys (aim to do it all throughout the day, but sometimes it gets too hectic..lol). Whether it be cuddles, reading books, singing songs, or them wanting to hear stories of when they were little tiny babies..lol....
I'm going to post a picture that was taken today. We've been diligent at teaching the two older boys how to spell their names. Today, while Dom was napping, (and Reecey was playing in his exersaucer), Dryden and I were colouring. Lately, he's been writing out the numbers he knows, and loves to draw happy faces and traffic lights, as well as the letters in his name. So I told him that we were going to work on writing his name together. I would write a letter, then he would copy. The first few attempts were so cute, because he did do what we had aimed for (writing out the letters in sequence), but he wrote them allllll over the pages..lol..so then I told him "when you write your R, try write it right next to your D" and showed him what I meant. He took to it right away, and the following is the product of Dryden writing his name in order!!! It was sooooo amazing to see him grasp the concept of writing his name in order, and he was soooo proud of himself after he had finished! He himself, realized it was a big accomplishment, and that's all we did for the next hour!
I'm so proud of my boys, even when we have our tough days; where all three of them take turns melting down and having fits!!! It's a part of parenthood, and truth be told, it's taken me afew years to realize that these baby/infant/toddler/preschool years go by so fast. I cherish them now, even if we all end up in tears somedays, I wouldn't change it for anything!!!! =)

2 comments:
That's so cool that he wrote his name like that! Good job teaching him.
Awww. I like that! Good Job Dryden and Kristen!
Post a Comment