Sunday, May 22, 2011

Victoria Day Weekend 2011

I have pictures to post with this entry, but will post them tomorrow!

Saturday, we headed to Calgary and my wonderful hubby took our three little men to Tommy K Play, while my momma-in-law and I went shopping!!! Seriously, how great was that! I still had Old Navy and Ikea gift cards patiently waiting in my wallet-alas, the shopping saga began! Since I've lost over 30 pounds from the beginning of the year to now, my clothes are getting awkwardly baggy! LOL I won't complain though. So I was thrilled to know that I can go down AFEW sizes in certain areas! *fist pumps* I used to D.R.E.A.D shopping for myself, but now I enjoy it again! lol

Ikea treated me very well, and I managed to get afew little purchases I've been wanting for awhile. I bought a really nice big solid bookshelve unit for the living room, and it looks GREAT! It totally opens up the living room for us! And the boys love having their own toy bin each on the shelves! =)

Today, we all jumped into the Yukon Denali we rented for the weekend *because we were suppose to do a whole weekend trip, prior to not knowing my procedure was going to be on Tuesday*; and headed off to Waterton! Everyone had such a great time. We spent over 6 hours there; walking, running, hiking, Doug and I rented the "Surry" bike and biked all five of us around-talk about INTENSE workout but it felt so great! I cannot even explain how I love the fresh mountain air...we stayerd on the waterfront for quite some time; throwing rocks and just enjoying the beautiful atmosphere. After the countless trips we've made each year to Waterton Ntl' Park, we finally just enjoyed it. No timeline, no feeling the need to rush, no stress, nothing. Just us, our energy, water bottles, OFF, and jogging stroller! I can't wait for the next trip out there, we promised to do a hiking trek!!!! =D

I love Waterton because its an escape from the hustle and bustle of the busy city life we are surrounded by.

On an entirely different note, I MISS facebook. Well not the actual site, but the one very important "group" I belonged too. "living with pseudotumor cerebri" group! So much information, and being able to interact w/ others who are dealing with the same symptoms as myself!


I love long drives with my little family; impromptu roadtrips; listening to music and just enjoying one anothers' company. When my boys are happy and just enjoying the moment, its the greatest joy to see. I'm glad we have these adventures with them, because it's all about the memories- and one day they'll look back and remember all the fun stuff we did! <3

I'm off to bed! Have a busy day of gym-time; doing ALLLLLL the household laundry at the laundry mat; cleaning my house from top to bottom; and planning/writing out the meals for the next week. I'm ready for this, and know that I will put all my trust and faith in God. HE will never leave me to suffer on my own. =)

No comments: