Saturday, April 10, 2010

walking a fine line- 4/10/10

I've changed the layout of my blog..I like this new and refreshed look.... =)

Today, I BROKE my OWN PERSONAL record!!!! I swam over 40 laps in 58 minutes! I'm not sure why it has taken me 25 years to figure out that I AM MY ONLY OPPONENT! lol...I'm not out to beat anyone else at anything that I do, nor am I looking to obtain any medals or rewards for my own personal feats!!!

 I'm glad that I was able to swim a mile in 58 minutes...sure I'm  NO WHERE near Michael Phelps, but gawd! It felt great to just swim and swim....... water AMAZES me...it allows us to be so full of motion and flexibility, yet we can be completely weightless when immersed in it!

I have been ordered by my Dr. to put my C25K on hold until my foot heals (I was starting W4D1 when I badly injured my right foot and ankle). Anyway, I have put that on hold *sadly* and OMG! it's tough...because I was conditioning my body to run, and gaining more strength and endurance...and now to just be sitting, & not doing too much.....it's reminding me how UNACTIVE I have been all along......it's not a great feeling, to say the least!

After my hour of swimming, I jumped on an elliptical @ the gym, and did a vigorous 31 minutes. I did a very similar routine to my C25K......oh boy!!! BRUTAL.   The first 10 minutes I was dying! well not literally, but this past week of just lazing around and being inactive sure caught up to me! After the first 10 minutes, I maintained....I would've pushed to complete a full hour, but the hubby and I promised our boys swimming this afternoon, so my motherly role couldn't be compromised! lol

I  learned something new today, that I need to change up my workout playlist of music, because some music was sooooo slow, and it did me no use in maintaining a good speed. Albeit, some of my music was toooo fast for my liking-I noticed this when I was huffing and puffing away lol. I've also found some GEMS to listen too.....all thanks to the team who manage the pool because they always have different genres of music playing while the pool is open. Anyway, who knew "Cant Touch This" was a good song to pace my strokes too....silly hey!!

 I've been asked by some friends if I'm doing a "weight loss" challenge. and my answer is this everytime- "No, I am not. I am just making changes to my lifestyle, and it involves all aspects of my life, pretty much. I'm doing more exercise and strength-training, as well as being more cautious with my food intake."...that's pretty much it. I dont have any "goals" or deadlines that I am trying to reach. I am STRIVING to achieve a healthy platform with my own personal fitness level, as well as I'm am trying to contribute to a longer life span. That's honestly, all that it boils down too. I've been very very naive, and in denial about my weight and how out of shape  I am. But we all need to start somewhere, and I look at my boys and know that they deserve to have me around for a long LONG time! =)

I love my ladies in my online group...they are truly THE BEST! So inspiring, so motivating, and I love that even when we all have our tough days, we're still 110% supportive to one another! I also love how we're managing the mental hurdles together, that the C25K throws at us! Keep it up ladies! ;-)

Alright...I'm signing off now......the median is slowly being found with my full overflowing schedule of school, studying, my boys, my hubs, my working out, our home and all of our activities combined! It's a challenge, oh man is it ever! But we're doing this because its what we all love to do!

On a non-health note, I'm coming up with a design for my next tattoo...I'm excited, not looking forward to the pain at all, but it will pass! lol.....sooo many ideas, so many choices, but it'll be something just as awesome as my first tattoo! ciao!

No comments: