Wednesday, April 14, 2010

my motivation...04/13/10

 Okay..so I'm not sure what exactly brought on my "kristen's journey of fitness".....but I'm loving it! I honestly am full blown addicted to the endorphins (as I have previously mentioned lol)....but I love that I am doing something POSITIVE. For the better of my entire well-being. Nothing tastes better than success and overcoming the smallest of feats. Today, I just DID NOT want to get up when my alarm was screaming at me at 5:45am...but guess what? I did...because I knew that if I didn't I would regret and dwell all day. So off to swim laps I went. It was awesome. I swam 42 laps in 50 minutes! Also made sure to take afew extra minutes to just tread water.......

Here's the dark and gloomy side. THE.TRUTH.of. ALL.truths! This IS NOT easy....nothing ever is, right? but OMG. to lug myself to the gym; to actually NOT feel tempted to reach for the fries and chips and POP......all of it....its tough...but I'm doing it...every single day. I'm doing my best, one day at a time. And I, myself, havent seen any real results, but all in time..... I do feel it in my muscles..Oh man, my legs are sure gaining more strength, and I'm loving it! I did 65 minutes this evening on the elliptical, and honestly, the first 30 minutes were E A S Y!!!! Like wtf, who am I TO say that was easy? lol...but it was...

Anyway....I'm off to bed..I really need to get some sleep. I feel this little nagging feeling in my head, and at the back of my throat. I know all TOO well these symptoms...headcold/flu, etc..and I'm doing my best to try fight this! lol...

I wanted to leave this youtube video that my hubby showed me...its THAT awesome! Gives me the CHILLS every single time I watch it......and reminds me that every day, every step...its all for the same reason!!!! =)

---------------------------------->  Michael Jordan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Good for you on your fitness quest! Now, I am pegging you for a midwesterner, because of your love for Tim Horton's coffee (I have an old friend that sends me cans of it from time to time since I can't get it down here) AND your use of the word POP. Am I right?
Yeah. You can take the girl out of Michigan, but you will never take the Michigan out of the girl.