For Christmas, I received a sewing machine! I've been wanting to own my own for awhile now, and I guess Santa saw that I must've deserved it! LoL.... Up until yesterday, it sat in the box on my scrapbookin' table, because I couldnt find the time to just sit and set it up, nevermind trying to fiddle and play with it. Yesterday, after the boys were in bed, the kitchen and living rooms were tidy, I played afew "lives" of Super Mario Bros Wii, and then sat down and got acquainted with my new machine! I managed to throw together some flannel and cotton peices, and now it's just a row of nothing....lol well nothing that can be transformed into something, someday...lol but it sure got my creative juices flowing..I went to bed and thought of nothing but my first project. One may think that said project is pretty BRAVE for a first time "Sewer"...but it's actually really really good! It turned out better than I had imagined....my first ever QUILT!
The design is my very one, so if it's a duplicate, then it wasn't intentional. The "fat quarters" were initally bought by my sister in law, she was going to use them to make a small baby blanket for Dryden when he was born...But she never got around to it, LoL... I bought 3 different coloured flannels, some more sewing stuff last night. Today, the front piece of my quilt took me less than three hours. In that time, I managed too; measure and cut my fabric, sketch out my design/pattern, pin my "blocks" together, and sew. Oh, and do my bobbin every so often. LoL... I had wanted the quilt to be crib size, so Reece can use it right away; but silly me, I did everything in inches, so it turned out to be really big. Well, single bed size, but it'll work, because then Reece will beable to use it longer!
I can't believe my baby boy will be one years old in 2 weeks!!! Time flew by wayyyy too fast this time around! 2 weeks after that; we're taking off to Las Vegas for the weekend, and for the George Strait concert! I'm soooo excited, Doug and I are going-without our boys!!! And another bonus, my sister is coming along. It'll be alot of fun. We're crossing our fingers that the pools will be open! LOL....we're that diehard! =)
Oh, Doug got a wicked computer for Christmas, so now our diskdrives work, and our SOUND! So I've been watching youtube, and different. tv. series online...I'm off to watch some MTV for abit...ciao!
P.S sorry for the lame entry, but it'll have to do for now! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment