I often wonder what others think of "stay at home moms", and if they think we have it "easy" because we get to stay home. LoL
If anything, it's the EXACT opposite. We have to cook 3 meals a day; as well as provide snacks. We have to pay bills and make sure that our finances are in order. We clean and do laundry, at the same time, we read books, watch cartoons and play with our children. We make sure the little ones have "quiet time" while making sure the older kids' soccer outfits are clean and ready to go. We scrub toilets and bathtubs, and try to check our email and return phone calls. We try to steal a moment away in the laundry room or the bathroom, just to catch our breath and then are told in an urgent voice "I NEED THE POTTY" (they ALWAYS pick the RIGHT time! lol I swear they time it!). Right now, I'm in search of a Kindergarten for my oldest, while making sure I don't forget my youngest's yearly immunization appointment. We doctor scratches,cuts and bruises, and try to get more creative when it comes to snacks and lunch. We have to rationally deal with the (sometimes....most of the time) whining, and pestering, and try not to lose our cool when each child wants to be cuddled and babied. We make sure our home is presentable (which is an all day task in itself) even though we don't receive many visitors. It's the "what ifs" that remain a priority.
Last but not least, I'm faced with the thought and desire to return back to school, but with that I have to make sure that my children are going to be in safe and caring environments. Make sure that my baby boy is in a daycare/dayhome and will adjust and survive WITHOUT me right there; make sure my 4 year old is registered in a kindergarten and again, survives without me; and hopefully find afternoon childcare when he's not at school. Along with transportation too and from either locations. I have to find someplace for my middle son, my little 3 year old to fit in; he feels he's too old for a dayhome/daycare, and he claims he's ready for Pre-K (I think I'm the one who isn't ready for him to make that step! LoL)..Meanwhile, I do all this, as well as concentrate on my studies, make sure my home is still a home, make sure meals are prepared, and laundry is taken care of. Bathtimes are still a usual routine, and oh right, make sure the hubby doesn't feel lost in the mix! LoL
At the end of the day, when my boys are sound asleep, I sit back, unwind, and look forward to doing it all over again the next day! =)
*ps...this returning to school endeavor sure is overwhelming, but I have the utmost deepest desire to just buckle down and do it. With it all typed out up there ^^^, everything I am facing, only compells me to NEED to success that much more.*
I'll be back...Ciao!
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment