Monday, November 23, 2009

IT'S A BOY...

 Yes, I've been told that THREE times in my Life, (and with the overbearing presence of the "Y Chromosome" -aka- male testosterone, that surrounds me in my Life and around my home); I tend to put myself and my needs/wants and interests on the back burner.
 What point am I making with the previous comment? That I honestly forgot how it feels to be "girly" or "womanly". lol. I actually got dressed up this past Saturday (mind you, it was a hubby&sons date) ANDDDD get this, I took the time to blow dry my hair!!! Seriously, thats how pathetic and sadly out of tune I am with myself. That I felt I needed to rush onto my blog and make sure to talk about how I had my hair "blown out"..haha!! Albeit was a short lived moment, but I loved how beautiful I actually felt, having my hair actually cooperate and bounce like the models' hair on those Pantene commercials!

 I can't believe that right now, at this moment and stage in my Life, I am a mother and a wife. Seriously, if I was 16 again and fast forwarded 8 years, I honestly would not believe that this was me! know what I mean? I am just so....domestic now! Not that it's a bad thing, it just seems different for someone of my nature. But I love every role that I've acquired. I love being Doug's wife. We have the greatest of times together. We can laugh at the sillest things, and thoroughly enjoy this parenthood roller coaster ride together! I seriously have the best husband ever (yes, I am bias obviously lol...hey I said bias not bi..lol), who will do anything to help make my life much easier to handle! lol He is sooo supportive of me, and I appreciate him so much!  For instance,
  
  •   I swear I'm the worst hypochondriac! Any little sign of something unusual with my body and health, I flip out-on the inside (trying not to show my boys how distraught I am at the moment lol), excessively call/text Doug's cell phone until he answers, and tell him that I think I may be dying! Then I tell him my symptoms and whats caused me to react this harshly; he calmly tells me "are you hurt at the moment? do you need medical attention" which my answer is "well not immediately,but I have to go to Dr. C" and he usually continues with "okay, make an appointment, and I'll leave right after class, unless you need me home now?" and I tell him "no....well...no, I think I'll be okay until you get home"...LIKE SERIOUSLY, haha, I know that its comical, but thats how it goes with us! lol And oh my goodness, dont get me started on my stupid periodic "death panics", which almost ALWAYS seem to happen when its eerily silent in the house and everyone is asleep. I lay there and my mind starts to wonder, and then I start doubting myself and my Life. And if I were to face death at that VERY moment, would everyone know how much they mean to me? andddd omg, it goes like this for a little while I try to distract myself with thoughts of fluffy clouds and butterflies and all that jazz; then BOOM!!!

"Doug! Doug" I'm shaking him and urgently trying to wake him up.
"hmmm...what is it? is it the boys" alarmed/half asleep doug says
..."I dont want to die....not now, not soon, not until we're very very old and I know that the boys are going to be fine and okay; I can't survive without them, they can't survive without me!!!" thats me rasping and panicking as I tell him...lol seriously
 "ohh..., you're not going to die. Shhhh, just go to sleep, and in the morning, you'll feel better once you've had some rest..." this is my ever so supportive husband, as he's already almost back to snoring like a hippo. lol  Then I lay there, and think some more, then I just start replaying Grey's Anatomy episodes in my head. LoL Now what I have divulged up to now, is so flippin silly, but so true! and yes, he's right, once its morning time, all is forgotten and I'm on about my day. lol

 Okay, back to the roles that I am...phew, I'm exhausted after typing out that last bit..almost fatigued, physically drained...lol...further descriptions of "roles" will be posted at a later date, I need to sign off now, and go read blogs! (seriously, you should see the list of blogs that I follow! omg....its a LONG list! lol but who needs tabloids these days, when we have blogs!!!)

 Before I go, get this; tonight Doug took our two older boys for Dry's soccer practice. They get home, and my lil' chunky monkey and I have already started eating supper. Dom pouts (and is visibly shaken to the core because how dare I expect him to eat shepard's pie!! lol) Dry picks at his food, lets us all know that he doesn't like corn, and will only eat the mashed potatoes part. He nibbles and then says "I'm tired, can I go to bed now"....I thought he was kidding..Doug goes with him, gets him all changed and tucked into bed; 10 minutes later I go to check on him and sure enough, my first born was asleep!!! Now you dont understand how proud I am at that moment, I cannot believe my son put himself to bed!!!! Usually its the same fight every night, and I'm almost sad to say that he went to bed on his own, because its just another confirmation that he's growing up!!!!! lol 

 Okay..this is quite the entry! I'm off to play wii, or maybe my iPod....orrrrrr read a book...nahh, I'll probably go surfin' (the web!!! my favorite pasttime! lol)...ciao!

No comments: