Like my title says, I notice that I'm filled with a million and one ideas for trips that I "want" to go on. Now whether or not this crazed assortment of trips actually pans out, now thats where I run into roadblocks. LoL
We live on a very very tight budget, but it's what works for us. Our bills are paid monthly, our children are clothed, fed and have a very warm roof over their heads, and an overabundance of toys/games/entertainment; so whatever is it that we're doing right, I care to continue! lol Albeit, it would be fun to live on the edge and be adventurous, but in good means lol I was telling Doug that we have yet to take any "honeymoon" type of trip, so of course, we both say "what about Vegas?"....we LOVE that city so much! But who doesn't, who hasn't gone there right? I have noticed though, any trip longer than 4 days, is a bit much. Our very first trip was 7 days from when we actually landed in Las Vegas, and by the 7th day, we were all spent and just tired of being away from home.....so I think our next trip will be 3 days tops! I was trying to invite myself along on a trip that my sister was planning on going on, to New York City; but the timeline is just too short notice, lol. Oh well, that was just another "pipedream"...lol Oh well, my pipedreams are what keep me going once in awhile, and who ever said dreaming was a waste of time! lol
Okay, back to bloggin. I notice that I tend to spend copious amounts of time just reading other peoples' blogs and postings. Especially amateur/professional photograhers. Who actually knew there were sooooo many aspiring and/or pro. photogs in the Lethbridge/Southern Alberta area. That being said, alot of them are "photoshoppers". I once read an article in the magazine " Digital Photography", about real photography versus "Photoshop" photography. I wont get into that great debate, but I will share my opinion. Since I can indeed, share my opinion seeing it's my blog lol. Anyway, I dont believe that certain pieces of equipment, or Canons or Nikons or computer programs make the photographer; I believe the photographer makes himself. The article said that nowadays, everyone calls themselves a photog, because with the help of *PS: use a brush here, mix up a few layers there, and boom, you have an Ansel Adams on your hand! lol I love that I have yet to even try photoshop, my skills and talent are all self taught, and I use a meager program that is sooo miniscule to photoshop. Okay, up to now, if you've read this and are pro-PS, then I guess you will notice that I am not FOND of this particle program. lol. Oh, and lets not forget "picnik". I <3 LOVE picnik, for quick edits to make the picture pretty and/or cool, BUT-seriously, don't call yourself a photography if all you do is snap afew pictures, "picnik" them, then turn around and charge people for $.....that's a rip off, but its also your clients fault for not noticing, right? (hehe, Kiali, I seen the site/blog u were telling me about, and it SCREAMED picnik! lol).....
I think I found some perfect locations for our family pictures, and I'm excited to get them done. Thanks to a wireless remote, and tripod; I no longer need to hire someone to do our pictures for us. I've also been saving up for a new lens. There's this really awesome Sigma wide-angle lens that I would love to add to my collection, and my hubby said he'll match whatever $$$ I save towards it. lol awesome!
Okay, boys are getting rowdy, playing the wii. They are obessed with Mariokart Wii, and its actually a very addicting game. If you have wi-fi, u can play online against other people from all around the World, so u can tell what Doug and I have been up too! lol
I'll be back! =)
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment