I truly do believe in the quote that is permanently tattoo'd on my body- "Everything happens for a reason". As an individual, this one simple quote made up of five words- sums up Life for me.
Having said that, I do not push or force my own personal beliefs on others. We are each amazing and unique beings, and are capable of our own thoughts and mindsets.
I guess, I am just dealing with a very HEAVY heart today. Since yesterday, after having to hear the shocking and tragic news of an incident in my hometown community. I am at a loss of words. I pray for the young innocent little man's soul to rest peacefully, and for his entire family and circle of friends in this extremely sad time. I know that this story TRULY hit close to home for us, because our young children are so close in age to the victim. As parents, we tend to forget how magnificent and amazing our children are. That we are their protectors and teachers. I can admit, most nights I can't wait for bedtime because then I know my littles are asleep and out of my hair. Now I think "how selfish"......but how was one to know such an Earth shattering event could happen and shake us all to our core. We are reminded that every moment is a treasure, and too always take that extra time to hug the people in our Lives. =)
I know that I am hundreds of miles away from the violence that plagues my community, but violence is all around us. It doesnt help that the senseless individuals who commit these acts- are doing this for "respect"/"honour"/"pride"/"brotherhood",etc. They are not doing this because they were brought up in a loving environment with a solid foundation- they are looking for just that. Who knows the problems that they are dealing with, all I know is this. I do fear for my loved ones back in H. Ab. I also know that this small misguided percent of the population DOES NOT speak for- or represent the entire community. There are FAR too many educated and brilliant people that live there and have contributed in positive ways, and so many kind hearted and warm-spirited individuals who reside there and will always be PROUD to call Hobbema home. It's been stated over and over- the media will only focus on the negative and be the first to report any bad news. They do not talk about the strong kinship ties of many families; the trials and tribulations of so many people-who have still overcome these obstacles; the "cinderella stories"; the community efforts to restoring Pride in the people and their surroundings, etc.
I am ending my post with a link to a music video by Nickelback. This video and the song lyrics speak volumes. =)
1 comment:
Good words, Kristen, Good words!
Mom
Post a Comment