Words and Actions are Powerful.
Today's post is about the books I've recently read. How the authors have greated impacted my Life.
Before I continue on with my entry, let me take you back for a moment....
Throughout my childhood, I recall weekends with my mom and sister being spent at various bookstores throughout Edmonton. Doesn't sound like fun hey? because we automatically think "books...?!?! fun???" but in reality, it was. I loved being in the surrounding of books, and because of my mom and her love for reading, she was able to provide us with that same passion.
I love to take those few moments to just "escape" and be transformed to another time or place.
Reading-It helps me to stay grounded and lately, I've been into autobiographies. I love to hear of different people and their life stories. Kennedy, Obama, Tretiak, and recently, I came across this book called "Cain's Redemption"; life in a maximum security prison in one of America's roughest jails ever! And that book regardless to say, helped me to slowly change my way of thinking.
Alright, back to real time now. The "Cain's Redemption" book gives descriptive detail of life in prison. Dont ask why I wanted to read it, I guess I'm the kind of person who likes to give everyone and everything "the benefit of the doubt". I like hearing both sides of the story (I was not always like this, but hey, people change right? lol). This book reminded me why I am grateful for the people, places and things in my Life. I am constantly reminded of why I must remain humble and appreciative. I've finally realized what it meant to "stop and smell the flowers". Along with becoming a mother, my sons have really kept me grounded and have shown ME how to appreciate the little things.
The other book that has greatly impacted my Life is the book; "The Legend: Vladislav Tretiak". Words cannot describe what this book means to me. I know my dad and fiance both at different times mentioned using the name "Tretiak" some way or another in the naming of our sons. I only knew the minimal of his accomplishments and why Tretiak would be a great name to use. After reading this book, I told doug "yes! This 3rd child of ours WILL be Vladislav or Tretiak", but even for myself, that's abit extreme! LoL.
The morale, the indepth description of his dedication to what he loves the most, his sense of pride and patriotism, and just his entire well-being. Haven't you ever met, read about, or heard someone in your life, and you just get the chills? you know, those powerful, "wow, this person really stands out" type of thoughts? thats what I experienced reading this book. How Tretiak was able to remain humble and continued to show his family love, strenth, guidance, support, all the while pursuing something he loved. He did it for his love of the game, not because everyone wanted him too. He practiced hard, and showed true perserverance, and I guess in reality; he just showed me that no dream/aspiration/goal is ever unreachable......I dont know why it took a book to really enforce that in my mind, but it did!!!
Alright. I have to end here. Need to get to the lab to do some blood work, like you needed to know that though right? lol. I think this blog will be a great outlet for me, to deal with everything that constantly takes up space in my head. LoL.. I have always been a chatterbox, and sometimes I just want to tell everyone about what I think, but I know it can't always be so. LoL. so maybe this will allow me to just get out what I want to be heard, even if its nothing. LoL..
If you've read this far, then kudos to you! :-) Have a good day.!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment